CRCT Investigation Report: Whitefoord Elementary School | Schools
Whitefoord Elementary School
35 Whitefoord Avenue SE
Principal: Patricia Lavant
Testing Coordinator: Shaun German-Tucker
SRT-1 Executive Director: Dr. Sharon Davis-Williams
ATLANTA -- Nearly 60 percent of the classrooms at Whitefoord Elementary School were flagged for cheating during the 2009 CRCT, according to a report released Tuesday.
Only 14 other Atlanta Public Schools had a higher percentage of "wrong-to-right erasures." (267)
Patricia Lavant was principal of Whitefoord for more than 11 years and claimed she "remained past her eligible retirement time because the erasure scandal was 'her mess to fix' and happened under her watch."
The report states that investigators believed Lavant when she said there was not enough pressure on Whitefoord faculty to explain the erasures, but still concluded that she "failed in her managerial role," resulting in "widespread cheating." (268)
According to the Whitefoord Elementary website, Carol B. Evans is the interim principal of the school.
Upcoming Events near Kirkwood
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- All About Developmental Disabilities offers workshops on dating, employment
- DeKalb court under fire for false arrests, imprisonment
- Weavers rebuild their lives, one creation at a time
- Antionette Tuff reflects on 1 year since McNair Shooting
- All About Developmental Disabilities to hold workshop series on sexuality